I went to the Salvation Army in Warrenton VA.First of all, their website and on the outside of the establishment says that they accept donations Monday- Friday 9-4 pm.

I was treated very poorly by the employee as soon as I approached the door. First, she yelled out we're closed. I asked nicely when they will open and if they accept donations and then she says, "we're open at 10:00 am." The she say, "oh and no donations till Wednesday." This wouldn't have bothered me if she wasn't yelling at me and her demeanor was very hurtful. I can't believe that SA mission is:"The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.

Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.

Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination." Seriously, check your employees and how they speak to people.I'm not the only one with this complaint and I believe something should be done about it.

Thank you and god bless!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of salvation army staff. Salvation Army needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned salvation army staff in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Salvation Army. You can also consider other companies suggested by the author: Good Will Industries Thrift Store or Thrift Town.

Had an Experience with Salvation Army?

Comments

Oh for heaven's sake forget the God Bless business.You didn't get treated the way you thought you should have and what you consider yelling might not be considered yelling by somebody else, and how was this hurtful, did the employee hit you or something?

There could very well have been a legitimate reason that they weren't taking donations until Wednesday of that week. For your information all non-profit agencies basically operate on the same principle of serving others under the guise of being Christian. Being you were so upset about the way you were treated why didn't you take your donations to another thrift store.

Exactly who do you think you are to be so judgmental?The Bible does say "judge not, lest ye be judged."