My daughter is moving so I decided to donate fairly new furniture to the salvation army based on their claim that the furniture goes to rehab center.First of all, I learned from the man who was picking up the furniture that actually they sell the furniture.

Second, the man ( Raphael, driver of truck 41 in Chicago) was rude, never responded to our greetings, insulted my daughter by saying that I do not want to pick up ***, and refused to pick up heavier items claiming that they are no good. I spend 2 and a half our to contact the Salvation army to tell them about our experience, they showed no interest. The only thing they said that they are a Christian charity and wished me a "blessed day".

I wonder what Jesus would think about their conduct and responses to their donors?They are crooks who hide behind Christian values and care very little about treating people who try to help out with dignity.

I didn't like: Very troubling behavior.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss poorly treated. / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Salvation Army?

Comments

Wait what did you think they were going to do with the furniture?Give it to someone?

You can do that yourself.Further, Don't invoke Christianity in this unless your life is spotlessly clean.

to Anonymous #1343738

Shut up *** (anonymous). You're probably another hypocrite hiding behind chrisitianity.