I am a low-income, partially disabled senior citizen who desperately needed food assistance. I have no-one to help me.

I went to Salvation Army in Terre Haute, Indiana on October 19, 2017 and explained that I have no e-mail address and extremely limited phone access and needed something to eat. The intake person copied my drivers license and social security number and said I would be able to obtain food the next day if I called the phone number she provided before noon. Well, I called and the responding food pantry told me I was not given accurate information and would not receive any food. This was nearly identical to what happened the last time I requested something to eat from the Terre Haute Salvation Army several years back.

Why do they lie saying I will get food and only waste my very limited gas and phone minutes. I will never donate to them again as I have for 65 years.

Review about: Salvation Army Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Being lied to about food promise.

Comments

I think it truly depends on the location you go to. My son went through a financial hardship out in the area he lives, and the people at this location told him he came on the right day and gave him a box of food, as they have certain days that they give out food.

He was giving can goods, cereal ,rice and beans.

He was also told to come back and get clothing if he needed it from the thrift store. He said that was all they could offer him, but he was grateful for that.