I am 65, disabled, and am forced to work so I can eat. I had a bag of popcorn tonight for Thanksgiving because the Terre Haute branch of the Salvation Army failed to bring the meal they assured me they would.

It's not the first time and I'm not the only one. My 82 year old neighbor was supposed to get one too, but did not.

The Salvation Army is nothing more than liars and thieves; have taken my contributions for years and give nothing in return. They selectively pick and choose who receives assistance and I suspect the bulk of their donated money goes in their own pockets.

Review about: Salvation Army Donation.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments

Well, ya know, I have been to a few Salvation Army Thanksgiving dinners, and the food is great, but the entire experience is ruined by having to smell all of the unwashed people eating there. They should have some kind of setup where those people can take showers and be given clean clothes to wear before the meal is served.

I have heard many people say the same thing, that even though they were in need for thanksgiving, that they didn't want to go to the free meal because of all of the stinky people there. No matter how good the food is, the meal is ruined by those people.

I called once and had them deliver a couple of meals to me too, because I didn't want to go through all of that, and they looked real scared when I answered the door like they had gone to some bad places and were expecting the worst. they looked relieved after I opened the door, and they could see that i was very gentle, and smelled great because I showered and kept myself clean.

This is so unfortunate. I am sorry this happened, as it saddens me to hear of stories such as this.

You can always sign up for the meals on wheels program. I do realize some people cannot get out of the house. I myself open my home to quite a few of my elderly neighbors, and I take food to the ones who are sick and shut in.

There are also some other food programs that are non profit who assist in this areas. You can always look up the information online or in the phone book which a local food bank can assist in this area.

They are a dubious organization. I have had multiple relatives devote their entire lives to the SA and retire as majors with them, yet when I needed help, the SA would not even return my calls or emails.