My family and I went to the Daytona branch shelter for help I am a navy veteran.we were homeless.

We waited two hours to be seen. When there was an empty room they still allowed others to go in front of us as they walked in claiming they needed bus passes and vouchers and water bills paid. We though that we could get help being a veteran and only asked for temporary assistance until we got on are feet. I was told they could help you with deposits vouchers and anything else.i was wrong even though we just moved to Florida we were homeless after family kicked us out.

I just got a new job as a full time chef and my wife as a nurse she was the only one who had a paycheck because she started hers two weeks ago and I was about to get mine. I gave them mydd214 my tax returns all my children's birth documents and they shot us down for any help saying we made too much in the previous year and they could only help me as an individual with a cot in a shelter but my family couldn't join me. For years I've been donating to salvation army with money.coke points the holidays with change at the stores and giving clothes. Just recently I brought almost all we had left of our home and made six trips to salvation army with clothes furniture and electronics when we moved from new York here to Florida .

We couldn't bring all that we had we drove here for a new begging with just our clothes. My mother worked for salvation army for ten years and in the military I also donated to salvation army and the uso. I just would like to say to the salvation army thanks for not helping my family in our time of need and saying we made to much money last year without taxes no matter if we r living in the streets now. Thanks for telling me that you only help people on the streets who do drugs and drink alcohol with your help that never wanna better themselves instead of helping a family who dosent do drugs and needed your help more than they did.

I am sad to see that you would help people in drug rehab than a family in need. And I served our country . I know you don't care so whenever I walk by a salvation army donation basket I will never contribute anything to your organization anymore. Thanks for telling me my service meant nothing to u and I have nothing to hope for with you I can never make a donation to you again .

And going against everything you represent.

Sincerely u.s.sailor otilio Cartagena jr.

otiliocartagenajr wrote the review because of poor customer service at Salvation Army. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Salvation Army to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was help i could not recieve. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following companies: Good Will Industries Thrift Store or Thrift Town. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Salvation Army and salvation army customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments