Virginia Beach, Virginia

I went to Salvation Army on Lynnhaven pkwy in Virginia Beach, VA today.I go with my family and we bulk shop at least 5 times a year.

Today I went to do my book bulk shopping and was given a different price than normal for the sizes and types of the books. When I asked for explanations of the price to size and the classification of a child's book, the manager David proceeded to yell at me about prices and how the books I selected weren't children's books. I told him it wasn't what I was used to but I understand and will put back some of the books. As I go to gather my books he retorts, with his arms stretched on both sides, ''You must have it wrong.

It's been this way all year. All my employees are here, just tell me which ones rang you up before with different prices and I'll be glad to ring you up for them!'' I was appalled! Every customer and employee was staring at me while he was making a fool of me standing there. And that was just part of his words and actions.

It of course got worse. By the time I purchased my books and spoke to him about how I felt I was treated poorly he became completely and utterly obnoxious snatching prices off the walls and quite literally shoving them into my face! Yelling that ''I just want a discount!''. How insulting!

I want a disxount on a $1.50 book?! It's already cheap, i don't need a further discount! I told him I didn't want to argue about prices, they didn't mean anything; that I was speaking to him about his rudeness. He leaned into my face and took the papers in his hand and pointed them less than an inch from my face and said, ''I'm not going to apologize.

I already did earlier. But u don't listen!'' And then he stormed off to leave the store from his shift. Everyone in the store stopped to stare at his entire display which was unnecessary and blatant since I had stood off to the side to speak with him!

Absolutely appalling!How can a Christain based company have managers treating people who donate AND spend their money at their stores like this!!!

Review about: Salvation Army Manager.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Salvation Army?

Comments

Oh Cmon...it's the Salvation Army. They do the best they can with what they have and are truly non profit like the others.

If you try hard enough, you can be offended by absolutely everything:(

Kingman, Arizona, United States #998313

You know Christians are human, with human emotions? He was probably having a rough day, perhaps his so devout Christian wife slept with the pastor claiming it was gods intentions. Unfortunately you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Hutchinson, Kansas, United States #992151

lmao...christian or not...I'd have knocked his teeth down his throat for that display and THEN filed a complaint. The corporation wont do anything but gladly accept your donations

to Anonymous Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #995007

Perfect response, go straight to physical violence.

to Anonymous Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #995013

Why not? Sounds like the guy was seconds away from it himself..