It is very so sad the way the Salvation Army treats the, homeless people, not only are they hateful, but want to charge them 8 dollars a night, kicking them out, rain sleet or snow, and won't let them back until evening. These people are human beings, that have fallen on hard times, and should be shown love, a place to stay, while providing them transportation to find work, along with food, shelter, clothes, counseling, and legal service when needed.

Never should they be charged, how mean and selfish ! If our city officials don't step in and do something about this, God will !

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Salvation Army. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following companies Good Will Industries Thrift Store or Thrift Town that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Salvation Army.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Governmental Organizations and Politics category for more informed decision or compare Salvation Army to other companies on our site.

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1248646

I suggest that YOU take in as many of these derelicts as you can each day---and night if you are so concerned.

to h.kitchener Midland, Texas, United States #1248738

Sir I will not stoop low to speak in a matter that is addressing your evil comment, but will pray that we

aren't the next to be living on the street begging for

our bread.!Some of these men and women, served

in our arm services, that provide you sir with the

Ability to enjoy your freedom, if you enjoy your freedom,! My son served and I do thank him!

to h.kitchener Midland, Texas, United States #1248788

Mr. H KItchener, evidently you don't have the time,love,or compassion it takes to deal with people at homeless.

You call DERELICKS." Have you thought this could be one of your loved ones or child? Never

think you couldn't be in the same situation.!

You should thank God you aren't.

to Anonymous #1342000

Homelessness can sometimes be a choice. I don't judge - but I've witnessed it where someone makes a bad decision - they want a different spouse, different job, different location and it doesn't pan out like they pictured it.

I've worked jobs that I hated been with people that did nothing for me so that I can keep a roof over my head.

Kitchner said something that hits home and no one wants to really address it - if you are so concerned with the plight of the homeless, volunteer at the SA, open your doors for someone who is sleeping under a bridge. Ah right, that never occurred to you or being honest, it's not something you would consider because well they're "homeless" and vagrants and well I can't have that in my home.

Quick to judge - very slow to actually do something about it. So get off your high horse please.

to h.kitchener Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States #1251872

@h.kitchener - Normally, I agree with what you post, but this time, I find your harsh comment to be very unsettling. A lot of Americans are one paycheck away from being homeless so don't think it couldn't happen to you!

I've known wealthy people to lose it all and end up on the streets. I've worked with shelters before and there is a lot of abuse and mistreatment of homeless people that occurs. Veterans,for the most part, are treated horribly. If you have never been homeless or worked with the homeless, the bottom line is you don't know what you are talking about.

It is easy to sit at your comfortable desk, in your comfortable home and pass judgment on those you consider beneath you. It's easy but it's morally WRONG.