New York, New York

I scheduled a pickup of three items of furniture, 2 sofas and one chair.The guys from the Salvation Army seemed to delight in the fact they refused to take my items because of "stains" or the arms of the chair being "worn"?

Related: Salvation Army - No show

You decide. I was shocked that with so many families struggling, none of these items were deemed worthy to sell in their thrift stores.

I think they have lost the charitable, compassionate mindset and obviously do not train their people well.I will never support them again with charitable giving as there are other organizations exhibiting much more gratitude and willingness let those in need decide what is right for their family.

Review about: Salvation Army Donation.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Salvation Army Donation
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Salvation Army?

Comments

Wish I lived close I would been happy stains and all they are ungreatful...from a real poor person

Salvation Army - Review about Help Refusal from New York City, New York Salvation Army "My aunt just died,and we were cleaning out her basement apartment in my moms house.There was a bed frame and a kitchen table and the 4 chairs.My sister and I..." Read more Salvation Army - Monsters toss a tiny harmless dog on streets Salvation Army "I do not know if I can post a photo of my tiny dog but he and I were kicked out of the Bellaire Salvation Army when, after all the..." Read more Social Security Administration - Www.social security Administraton Social Security Administration "well i,m disable an i was post to get a raise on my social security an my ssi but all i got was a Dollar an a penny raise so..." Read more Healthcare Gov Customer Care Review Healthcare Gov "The website doesnt verify my identify. I called experian, but the website doesnt give me a number so Experian can't verify my identity. I called the healthmarket.gov costumer service #..." Read more Hayward Pool Products - Pump failed after being run for three months Hayward Pool Products "I purchased a Hayward pump and filter four years ago and before I could use it a tree fell on my aboveground pool and deck. Not having the pool inured,..." Read more Ford - Dual exhaust transmission faculty Ford "To ford, My name is Cherrelle Reed.i am a repeated ford customer.My father is Stevenson Reed and we have had several fords.i have recently purchased a 2014 ford focus at..." Read more Everbuying - Everything arrived fast and in great condition, all good. Everbuying "I have just received the products i have ordered from Everbuying. I have no issues, everything is in good condition and corresponds the description on the site. Ordered a smartphone..." Read more Pizza Hut - Delivered pizza Pizza Hut "Ordered a lg handtoss pepperoni and mushroom pizza with extra sauce on line to get special. No spray or seasoning on crust. 11 minutes after I placed my order it..." Read more