Safety Harbor, Florida

During the course of picking up some furniture they hit my flat screen tv.No damage is visible till you turn it on then lower right side impact area is visible.

No picture, it's trashed. They also spilled coffee in my entryway n didn't bother to wipe it up. Huge puddle!! Didn't get too upset about it till I realized they broke my tv.

All in all very irresponsible!!! Does anyone have suggestions on getting a remedy? I have read of others sustaining damages at pickups and were given no satisfaction.

I am a struggling single mom on one income, I have to save a long time for things like this.So upset!!!!

Review about: Service Damage.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $800
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Salvation Army?

Comments

Brandon, Florida, United States #701848

I'm just making a point that I'm on a very tight budget and I saved a long time for that tv and it will be impossible to replace any time soon.The tv is up against a wall, hardly in the way!!!!

That really isn't necessary.

Hope whatever is causing this passes and your feeling better soon.

anonymous
to Anonymous Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #701960

I am 73 years old and have been on a very tight budget all my life, I have also been a single mother.My family was hard up when I was growing up, the only time I was comfortably well to do, and that was still low income, was when I was married.

The TV might be up against a wall, but if it was even a little bit close to a door way, it could have gotten bumped. I am not angry and hostile, I just get really annoyed when people bring up things like being a single mother, they are disabled or whatever.

It makes it sound like they expect special treatment.I can remember hearing my late mother and her sisters telling how embarrassing it was when they would be someplace with their widowed mother and she would tell people "I'm just a poor old widow woman." That is what I think of when I hear people make comments like you did.

to anonymous Chicago, Illinois, United States #702048

What does being 73 have to do with your reply? :?

anonymous
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #701841

The fact that you are a single mother has nothing to do with the complaint.People pull that card out for sympathy.

When you are having things moved out or in, it is up to you to inspect the area ahead of time to make sure there isn't anything at all even a little bit in the way. That being said, have you talked to the Captain at the Salvation Army about the matter. I would never dream of spending $800.00 on a TV.

I have a $200.00 flat screen HD-TV, and that is good enough for me.

to anonymous Brandon, Florida, United States #701855

I'm just making a point that I'm on a very tight budget and I saved a long time for that tv and it will be impossible to replace any time soon. The tv is up against a wall, hardly in the way!!!! The spilled coffee was a small thing but a clear example of their attitude. The cup was right ended but didn't bother to wipe up or even mention so that I could wipe up. Just rude!! I sense allot of anger and hostility in your comment. That really isn't necessary. Hope whatever is causing this passes and your feeling better soon.

New to this and overlooked the reply button.